Here at Lir Beauty Rooms we understand that your wedding day is one of the biggest events in your life and looking after the bride and bridal party in all aspects of beauty for their big day is something that we take pride in.
Our approach to bridal makeup is simple – to create timeless, flawless and natural makeup that is lightweight but lasts all day,
After all, most brides really want to look like themselves, only better!
How you prepare for your wedding is hugely important. Look after your skin. This is something you need to start focusing on at least 3 months prior to your wedding date. If you want fresh radiant skin for the wedding, you need to put the work in beforehand. Makeup won’t look as good or last as long on neglected skin.
We would recommend you book a free skin consultation in our salon, we will discuss a custom course of Image Skincare facials or clinical peels and advise you on the best products to address your skin concerns, so that on your big day you look the most beautiful and fresh version of yourself.
We would always suggest that a bride have a makeup trial before her wedding. You want your morning to run smoothly and be confident that your dress, hair and makeup are perfect.
A few tips for your Makeup Trial
- Book your trial for early in the day so that you can see it in daylight as you would on your wedding day, pay attention to the way the makeup wears and make sure you take loads of pictures of yourself
- Introduce a strict skincare regime suited to your skin type.
- Cleanse and tone as normal and don’t wear any make-up to your trial.
- If you are intending to wear fake tan on your wedding day we suggest you have a spray tan trial two days prior to your makeup trial.
- If you can arrange for your hair trial to take place on the same day, it’s an added bonus to see the full look together.
- Try to wear a top with a neckline and colour similar to your dress.
- If you have a lipstick you would like to use, bring it with you (you will need to keep this topped up on your wedding day)
- Try different options, change lip colour, try lashes
- Bring pictures of when you feel you looked your best. This will give us a really good feel for your comfort level in makeup.
- Research pictures to give you an idea of what makeup you like. Think about how that makeup will look on you rather than how the girl in the picture looks. Search for images of makeup with similar skin, eye colouring and even hair too as this will give you a realistic view of what is possible.
- Be honest and open with your makeup artist – it’s our job to create your makeup look!
Aoife and Ola were fantastic, both in the run-up to and on the morning of the wedding. They were so accommodating and helpful; full of advice and tips and very professional. Our tan, nails and make up were fantastic, very natural and exactly what we wanted. It was excellent value for money and all done with little pressure or stress, the booking and organisation was very easy and straightforward. We took up the full salon and even our photographer and videographer came to take footage of the wedding prep- the girls in Lir accommodated us all so well. I would have no hesitation in recommending Lir Beauty Rooms to future brides or wedding parties- you won't be disappointed!
Lir Beauty Rooms were fantastic before and on the day of my wedding. I was so happy with my bridesmaids and my own makeup. I loved how natural the makeup was and felt like the best version of myself for my big day! The girls made everyone feel so at ease and it was a pleasure to have them in my home. We had such a fun and relaxed morning and I’m so glad I chose Lir Beauty Rooms. The girls were so accommodating and did everything they could for us. My bridesmaids also had their tan and nails done at the salon for my wedding and they looked incredible. I would recommend Lir Beauty Rooms to anyone